Monday 20 July 2015

My Favourite Films

There's nothing better than sitting back relaxing with a good film.  I have always loved films for as long as I can remember.  I'll watch almost any type of film except scary horror films.  They give me nightmares for weeks!  Anyway, I thought in this blog post I would tell you about some of my favourite films.  Enjoy!

The Fault in our Stars:

I had read the book so I just had to see the film.  I had never wanted to see a film so badly in my life!  I had very high expectations  and I wasn't disappointed.  It's by far, one of the best films ever made and I bawled my eyes out the whole way through.  I just love all of the characters (except for Van Houten) and the setting of Amsterdam is beautiful!

Letters to Juliet:
Who doesn't love a good romance now and again?  I think the idea of two people being reunited after 50 years really pulls on the heart strings.  Plus, it's set in Italy, the most beautiful and romantic place in the world.  What more could you want?  I love this film!


The Great Gatsby:
I love films or TV shows set in an old time period.  The Great Gatsby is all glitz and glamour!  The costumes are fabulous and the soundtrack has to be one of the best there is!  It's definitely not what you would expect but it fits so perfectly!  Aside from all the parties and fun there is also romance and tragedy.  I could watch this film over and over again and never tire of it!


Frozen:

  

I am a firm believer that everyone is a child at heart.  You are never too old for a Disney movie.  When Frozen first came out everyone went crazy for it.  I had to see for myself what the deal was and I feel like I was put under a spell.  I fell in love with all the characters especially Olaf!  Who doesn't love Olaf?  I almost know every song by heart and have no problem with belting them out whenever the moment takes me.  It is truly a magical masterpiece!

Les Miserables:
I am obsessed with this film!  I absolutely love musicals.  Give me any musical to watch and I will watch it!  It would be a dream come true if  I could be in one, preferably Les Mis.  Again, it has a period setting and the songs are so iconic and powerful you can feel the emotion!  Les Mis is definitely my favourite musical of all time!  Fantastic!



Pitch Perfect:
A slightly different musical film, Pitch Perfect is upbeat and full of fun!  The characters are easy to relate to and the songs are amazing which is why I obviously sing along to them!  I think this film is hilarious and will definitely cheer you up if you're feeling down!  I mean, Rebel Wilson?  Need I say more?



Harry Potter:
How could I not mention Harry Potter?  In my opinion, there are two types of people in the world: those who love Harry Potter and those that honestly couldn't care less about Harry Potter (who even is Harry Potter?).  I am one of those people who loves Harry Potter.  I have read the books and seen the films too many times to count.  I just love the whole magical element of it and I'm still not happy about not receiving my Hogwarts letter.  I would have been a model student, I swear!



So those are my favourite films at the moment!  Let me know what your favourite films are and until then...

I'll see ya when I see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment